A person opts for life insurance policies for reducing risks related to unforeseen financial situations. And the policy can help your family financially when you will not be around them offering support. In order to maximize the benefits of the life insurance policy, one is provided rider benefits which can cover many aspects of life.
Through the provision of riders in a life insurance investment, many of the Best life insurance policies have this as an option, the life assured can get hold of a wide range of perks that are not included in the normal coverage. The insurer can make changes in the rider with the customization facility and of course, the policyholder can check what types of riders benefit can be suitable for him/her.
Definition of Rider
The rider is a term used in the life insurance policy, which is further involved in the term or coverage. There is an extra cost may be added to the coverage; however, this is not the case every time. In regular life insurance policies, there is an ample room for modifying the coverage and adjusting the deductibles.
- Policyholders with special demands are often in need of riders to fulfill their demands.
- If the life assured is related to a chronic disease, the facility of the accelerated death benefit in the life insurance plan can offer the person certain cash benefit at the time of living.
- In order to pay off the living expense or purchase medicines, this rider benefit can be used in a discretionary way.
After the demise of the life assured, the life insurance policy beneficiary gets a reduced amount of death benefit. It is to note that the requirements can change over the course of time and insurance companies can offer extra riders to modify the life insurance policy by including different kinds of additional coverage.
What Types of Riders do You Need for Life Insurance Policy?
There are various types of life insurance policy riders that can be suitable for the varying needs of the customers.
Accidental Death Benefit
ADB or accidental death benefit rider in a life insurance policy can be chosen if there is an occurrence of passing away due to the accident. The sum assured amount of ADB can be paid along with the regular death benefit.
Therefore, if the amount for a basic sum assured following life insurance policy interest Rs. 25 lakh and the life assured has already included ADB facility of Rs. 10 lakh, the settlement would be of Rs. 35 lakh. However, it should remember that the life insurance policy benefits in this particular case can be applied if an accident takes place resulting sudden demise of the policyholder.
Accidental and Accident Disability Death Benefit Rider
For your life insurance policy, ADDB can be added as accidents do not result in death all the time and the life assured can suffer from disability instead. It is important to check whether your life insurance policy enables the rider benefit on partial or full disability. There are policymakers who offer a waiver of premium benefit and policy can go on even when the premium for the basic life insurance policy remains unpaid,
However, for assuring yourself of the benefit, you should contact the insurance agent to know how the ADDB will be applied to your policy.
Critical Illness Rider
This one is also known as dreaded disease rider and major surgical assistant rider, critical illness rider provides an extra cover on the critical illness. The additional cover in the life insurance policy, is equal to the basic sum assure and can be given out at the time of diagnosis. However, the cover differs in every policy and the life assured can gain cover on coronary artery bypass, paralytic stroke, cancer, major organ transplant and renal failure.
- After acquiring authentic life insurance policy information, you may not think of getting a different health plan. Managing or paying premiums for two policies can become messy since there is only one life assured involved.
- It is important to check life insurance policy exclusions as the many of the policy agents can discard the base policy if there has been a claim under a rider.
- When the life insurance policy provides life cover continuously, you can pay for high premium for the rider.
Other Riders Benefits
Apart from the popular ones, there are other riders that can be added to your life insurance policy for catering to your financial goals.
- Women CI Rider – Through this rider, the female insure can get cover on critical diseases. When the life assured is diagnosed with listed critical health conditions, a specific percentage of sum assured will be given out.
- Guaranteed Insurability Option Rider – GI can be included to your life insurance policy when the requirements change with the course of time. As there are more liabilities involved, you can improve the life cover. Insuring the insurability, the extra insurance at various life stages without undergoing medical tests can be helpful for many.
- Income Benefit on Accidental Disability Rider – As disability can leave an impact on the income of the insured, IB offers monthly income for financial security.
Things to Keep in Mind before Taking Riders
After going through the life insurance plan rules, you can understand that Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India has instructed that the premium for the riders altogether should not be more than 305 of premium. The sum assured amount received from the rider cover should not go higher than the basic sum assured on the policy. At the end of life insurance policy terms, the rider cover also matures and ends.
As the perils of life are rapidly growing during the 21st Century, a life insurance policy is completely necessary for offering financial security to yourself and your family. With the additional rider benefits, the perks of the life insurance are accelerated instantly. You can go through the official website of the insurance policies to collect detailed information on the ridersâ€™ benefits. It is always best to opt for the one which can cater to your demands and needs with ease.