Buying something without actually paying for it is known as buying on credit. Credit cards aid us in paying for things on credit. Using credit, we don’t diminish our liquid assets and instead pay for them later, either in installments or as a lump sum.
Credit cards help us to buy now and pay later. Paying via credit cards also improves one credit score, which in itself is a currency during present times. As the living standard has improved in the past few years, so have credit cards.
Since the demand for credit cards grows daily, the number of companies and banks that offer credit cards increases. This increasing competition has led credit card companies to provide better deals to attract more and more customers. Besides reducing the interest amount on credit, companies also offer benefits to credit card holders. Cashback is one of these benefits.
After paying for something through a credit card, one might receive a certain amount of cash back, which depends on the amount of money spent through the credit card. The higher the amount paid, the higher the cashback received. Best Cashback Credit Cards in India are more popular because other benefits from a credit card payment can be redeemed for cash, but the amount varies depending on the use.
Usually, services can be redeemed as a benefit of paying via credit card. Since the demand for Best Cashback Credit Cards in India increases daily, more companies offer them. Getting cashback on specific purchases, like paying for something on Amazon, might make the credit card more desirable to people who frequently pay for products and services that way.
Best Cash Back Credit Cards in India are also attractive because those who don’t want a discount on their purchases get the money back they paid. People look for the Best Cash Back Credit Card in India to maximize their profits; a penny saved is earned.
Read more: 5 Best Credit Cards in India
Best Cashback Credit Cards in India for 2022
Here is a table showing information on the Best Cashback Credit Cards in India:
|Sr. no||Name of Cashback Credit card||Annual fee||Uses for|
|1||Axis Bank ACE Credit Card||Rs. 499||Best cashback credit cards for Utilities and Food Orders|
|2||Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card||Rs. 500||Best Cashback Credit Cards in India for Co-branded Benefits|
|3||HSBC Cashback Credit Card||Rs. 750||Best Cash Back Credit Card in India for Online Shopping|
|4||HDFC Millennia Credit Card||Rs. 1,000||The best Cash Back Credit Card in India offers benefits across Multiple Categories|
|5||Citibank Cashback Credit Card||Rs. 500||The Best Cash Back Credit Cards in India for Movies and Utilities|
|6||Standard Chartered Manhattan Credit Card||Rs. 999||One of the Best cashback credit cards for Supermarket Spends|
|7||Paytm SBI SELECT Credit Card||Rs.1,499||This is the Best cashback credit card for Travel and Shopping|
|8||YES Prosperity Cashback Plus Credit Card||Rs.1,499 + Taxes||It provides lucrative offers on Bill Payments|
|9||Cashback SBI Card||Rs. 500||Best for Online Shopping|
|10||Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium Credit Card||Rs. 750||One of the Best Cash Back Credit Cards in India for Fuel and Utilities|
Here are details of the above 10 Best Cashback Credit Cards in India.
Choosing the perfect cashback credit card for oneself can help increase their savings. Following are the top 10 best cashback credit cards in India:
1. Axis Bank Ace Credit Card
A flat two percent cashback can be claimed through the Axis Bank credit card. This offer is valid on all purchases. In addition, a cashback of up to 5% can be cleaned on bill payments DTH and mobile recharge done via Google pay, and payments done to specific merchants such as Swiggy, Zomato and Ola offer a cashback of 4%. People who spend across all these categories will find these benefits practical as It has no upper limit on cashback that can be earned through this card, making it one of the best cashback credit cards in India.
Moreover, this card is perfect for those who have just started their careers, as this Best Cash Back Credit Card in India has a low annual fee of just ₹499.
Features of Axis Bank Ace Credit card
- 5% cashback on Bill payments and recharge via Google pay
- 4% cashback on Swiggy Zomato and Ola
- 2% cashback on all other spends
- Four free lounge visits every year at local airports.
- 1% fuel surcharge waived at all fuel stations
- 20% discount at 4000 + partner restaurants
2. Flipkart Axis Bank credit card
It is one of the best cashback credit cards in India. The Flipkart Axis Bank credit card is a Best Cash Back Credit Card in India that is one of the best cashback credit cards in India in the co-branded category. Active users of Flipkart, Myntra, and 2gud are best suited for this card as it gives 5% cashback every time you shop on these platforms.
In addition, a 4% cash back on other merchants like PVR, Cleartrip, Uber, and Curefit can also be availed. The partner merchants on Flipkart cards are among the most popular ones in the categories making this card one of the best cashback credit cards in India.
So, This Best Cash Back Credit Card in India is the one for anyone who has sought a credit card for discounts and offers on online shopping across multiple categories.
Features of Flipkart Axis Bank Credit card
- 5% cashback on Flipkart Myntra and 2gud
- 4% cashback on shopping with preferred merchants
- 1.5% cashback across all of the categories
- Total complimentary domestic lounge visits in a year
- One percent fuel surcharge of up to ₹500 per month
- Welcome benefits worth ₹3300
- The annual fee for this card is ₹500
3. HSBC Cashback Credit Cards
HSBC Holdings PLC was established in London by the Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation in 1991. One of the best cashback credit cards in India, the HSBC cashback Credit card offers 1.5% cashback on online purchases and one percent cashback on all purchases. Since the cashback is unlimited and only depends on the purchase, the bigger your spendings are, the bigger cashback you can fetch.
Moreover, since the card offers this cashback on all online expenses, it covers almost all the popular categories, such as food, travel lifestyle, shopping, etc., as long as you pay them online. This feature makes it one of the best cashback credit cards in India and works very well for those who like to shop online on different websites.
In addition, a flat one percent cashback can be earned through offline expenses. The annual fee for the credit card is ₹750.
Features of HSBC Cashback Credit card
- Cashback of 1.5% on all online spending.
- One percent cash back on all other spending.
- No upper cashback limit.
- It also offers cashback on instant EMI as long as it is used at the listed merchant.
- It credits Cashback within 45 days of the card statement date.
- Up to 15% discount at partner restaurants.
4. HDFC Millennia Credit Card
HDFC Bank is the largest of its kind. With its headquarters in Mumbai, HDFC Bank was founded in August 1994. The HDFC millennia cashback credit card is One of the best cashback credit cards in India that offers lucrative cashback on multiple categories like online shopping, wallet loading, travel, and other offline transactions.
In addition, 5% cashback can be availed on popular websites like Amazon and Flipkart. Cashback can also be earned on EMIs and wallet loading through this card. At an annual fee of rupees 1000, the features offered by this card are a good deal for cashback and discount seekers. This Best Cash Back Credit Card in India provides cashback only if a transaction of a particular amount or more is done.
For example, on making a transaction of Rs. 2000, 5% cashback on Amazon and Flipkart can be availed. So for those who like to make high-spending on the card, this card is one of the best cash-back credit cards in India.
Features of HDFC Millennia Credit card
- 5% cashback on Amazon, BookMyShow, Sony liv, Flipkart, Myntra, Swiggy, Tata CLiQ, Zomato, and cult. fit and uber.
- 1% cashback on online spending and wallet loads.
- Cashback is provided in the form of cash points.
- Eight free domestic launch visits per year.
5. Citi Cashback Credit Cards
Citibank is a subsidiary of financial services multinational City group, founded in 1812 as the City Bank of New York and became the first national City Bank of New York. The bank has 2649 branches in 19 countries, including 1494 branches in Mexico operated by its subsidiary Banamex.
Citi cashback credit card is one of India’s oldest cashback credit cards, designed to provide exclusive cashback on online and offline transactions. 5% cash back on the telephone and other utility payments and movie tickets can be obtained, while cashback of 0.5% on all additional spending can be received. The Citibank cashback credit card has a low annual fee and no joining fee; it is one of the Best Cashback Credit Cards in India.
However, the introductory rate of cashback stands low at 0.5%. It is listed among the best cashback credit cards in India.
Features of Citi Cashback Credit card
- 5% cashback on movie tickets, electricity, and other utility bill payments.
- 0.5% cashback across all different categories.
- 15% discount at partner restaurants of Citibank.
- Convert high ticket purchases into easy EMI.
- It has an annual fee of ₹500.
6. Standard Chartered Manhattan Platinum Credit Card
The Best Cashback Credit Cards in India offer everyday cashback and entertainment benefits to their users, as there is no maximum limit on the cashback. Moreover, 3X points are also awarded on other transactions.
Additionally, up to 25% off on movies and 15% cash back on travel can be availed with this card. The film, dining, and travel offers on this Best Cash Back Credit Card in India make it worth the annual fee of ₹999. Even though this Best Cash Back Credit Cards in India’s cashback is on only one specific category, it still rewards you for other expenses.
Features of Standard Chartered Manhattan Platinum Credit card
- 5% cashback when shopping at supermarkets.
- 3X report points for all other expenses.
- 25% off onion INOX movie tickets and food and beverages.
- The annual fee will be waived on spending ₹1,20,000 in the previous year.
7. Paytm SBI SELECT Credit Card
The best cashback credit card, the Paytm SBI select credit card, is a cashback back credit card for PayTM users as not only do they get cashback when using it but also they get Paytm first membership. Using the card on Paytm Mall under the offline/online platforms offers instant cashback and more savings. Users can avail of a cashback of up to 5% exclusively for booking travel movie tickets.
The minimum cashback offer is one percent on all the transactions done on offline and online platforms. Also available in a regular variant, the select variant gives a higher cashback on Paytm purchases. For PayTM users, this credit card is one of the best cashback credit cards in India.
Features of Paytm SBI SELECT Credit card
- 5% cashback on Paytm Mall and travel tickets.
- 2% cash back on other purchases via the Paytm app.
- 1% cashback on any other spend offline on online stores.
- Complementary Paytm membership worth Rs. 750.
- Four complimentary launched access in one year.
- One percent fuel surcharge waiver at all fuel stations across India.
- Its annual fee is Rs. 1499.
8. YES Prosperity Cash Back Plus Credit Card
Headquarter in Mumbai, India, Yes bank is an Indian Bank founded by Rana Kapoor and Ashok Kapoor in 2004. It offers by trains are differentiated products for corporate and retail customers through retail banking and asset management services.
Best Cashback Credit Cards in India, the YES prosperity cash back plus credit card offers a 5% cashback on bills, including rent payments, telephone bills, mobile recharge, gas, and electricity bill payment via YES bank’s pay now service. Apart from that, there is a 5% cashback on groceries. Offering cashback in these two categories is quite sensible and makes it the Best Cash Back Credit Card in India.
Features of YES Prosperity Cashback Plus Credit card
- Movie ticket booking.
- 5% cash back on grocery shopping.
- 0.7% cashback on all of the retail spans.
- 5% cashback on bill payments using YES PayNow.
- Welcome cashback of rupees 250 on spends of Rs. 2500
- One percent fuel surcharge waiver at all fuel stations across India.
- Under Yes, privileges, discounts, and cashback on travel, dining, shopping, etc.
- It has an animal fee of rupees 1499 + taxes.
9. Cashback SBI Card
The SBI cashback credit card has the highest cashback rate on online spending compared to other cashback credit cards in the market. Since there are no merchant restrictions and you earn cashback irrespective of the website you spend on, this cashback credit card is one of India’s best cashback credit cards. This is unlikely since many cards offering cashback are restricted to selected platforms. Also, this card’s cash-back redemption process is more straightforward, as the cashback is directly credited to the card account.
Features of Cashback SBI card
- Zero joining fee.
- 5% cashback on online spending.
- 1% flash cashback on all offline transactions and utility bill payments.
- Four complimentary domestic airport lounge visits in a year.
- Annual fee reversal on spending Rs. 2 lakh in a year.
- Its annual fee is 999 rupees.
10. Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium Credit Card
The Standard Chartered super value titanium credit card is one of India’s few non-branded fuel credit cards. This card offers a cashback of 5% on fuel spent. At this free range, the reward rate on the credit card is one reward point per Rs. 150 spent. It also gives 5X reward points for overseas-point-of sales spent. Like the Manhattan card, this one also of his cash back on only one pending category but still rewards other expenses. This card is one of India’s best cashback credit cards for those who only want fuel benefits.
Features of Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium Credit card
- 5% cashback on fuel phone and other bills after a maximum of Rs. 200 per month.
- Wonder what point for every Rs. 150 spent.
- Renewal fever on spending Rs. 90000 in a year.
- Its annual fee is Rs. 750.
Read more: 5 Best Travel Credit Cards in India
Best Cashback Credit Cards in India 2022 – Summary
|Credit cards||Best for||Features|
|Axis bank ACE Credit card||Food orders and other utilities||5% cash back on the Google pay recharge and utility bills.|
|Standard chartered smart credit card||Online purchase||Flat 2% cash back on all the online purchases|
|Standard chartered smart value titanium credit card||Cashback on fuels and other utilities||5% cash back on fuel and other utility bills|
|Standard Chartered Manhattan Platinum credit card||Supermarkets purchases||5% cash back on shopping at the supermarkets|
|HDFC millennia credit card||Overall benefits of cash back||5% cash back on shopping with Flipkart and amazon. 1% cash back on offline purchases.|
|City cash-back credit cards||Movies, entertainment, and utilities||5% cash back on purchasing movie tickets and bills.|
|HSBC cash back credit card||Online purchases||5% cash back on online transactions|
|Flipkart axis bank credit card||Benefits of Flipkart purchase||5% cash back on all Flipkart purchases.|
Benefits of Cashback Credit Cards in India
Cashback comes with innumerable benefits which attract users. The Best Cash Back Credit Card in India offers lucrative uses, including rewards and high cashback.
Some of the benefits of the Best Cash Back Credit Cards in India are listed below:
- Cashback credit cards offer us a chance to earn back the cash from the money we’ve spent by paying us a percentage of what we have spent or giving us reward points.
- They let us have a chance to win a fraction of cashback from the payments we make.
- So it’s similar to a discount, or we get to pay less for whatever purchase we make.
- Best Cash Back Credit Cards in India often come with shopping benefits.
- It’s very easy to maximize the benefits that can be done from cash back credit cards. The easiest stuff is to use it for the bonus category of expenses. For example, if it offers fuel benefits, Then fuel expenses can be put on the card to make the most of it. It works as a discount in advance.
- Airport lounges can be accessed by possessing some Best Cash Back Credit Cards in India as it is one of the benefits provided.
- Cashback credit cards, like regular credit cards, allow us to buy things on credit. This benefit of cashback credit cards also gives us financial stability.
- The best cashback credit cards in India are the ones that give better benefits, other than cashback, than their competitors.
How to choose the Right Cashback Credit Card?
Banks and financial institutions offer various cashback credit cards. But it is essential to choose the best one that suits your needs.
So, here we will help you with some points to select the right cashback credit card for you:
1. Flate rate or bonus?
Flat-rate cashback credit cards are the most suitable option for those who wish to deal with the rotating reward category. In contrast, bonus cashback cards are best for those who shop in a specific category and want to maximize their rewards.
2. Look for the rewards in the category you spend the highest
It would help to find out which category you are spending the most. For example, If you spend the most on dine-outs or online shopping, you must choose a cashback credit card for the same category to earn many rewards.
3. Know the redemption options
You must be aware of the redemption option for your credit card. Some cashback credit cards allow you to transfer the cash to your bank account, while others provide cashback that can be used for your next purchase. It’s all up to you which option you want to apply for.
4. Merge cashback with different credit cards
Many use multiple cashback credit cards to get various cashback in different categories. This helps them to earn more and more rewards.
How to apply for a Cashback Credit Card Online?
Applying for a cashback credit card online is relatively more straightforward. You can apply for the cashback credit card online using the steps below:
- Visit the bank’s website and find the list of cashback credit cards. Choose the one you want to apply for and click the “check eligibility button.”
- Enter the details asked by the bank.
- If it says you are eligible, you can proceed further with the application process per your bank’s guidelines.
- Once the application is submitted, the bank will send you the Application ID, which you can use to track your approval status.
Best Cashback Credit Cards – FAQs
How does Best Cash Back Credit Card in India work?
Ans. The amount of cashback earned is credited to your credit card account and reduced from the bill. They might also offer cashback points which can be later redeemed as cashback or discounts.
Can I transfer cash back from my credit card to my bank account?
Ans. Some credit card companies might directly transfer your cashback into your savings account. At the same time, others may give you cash back points which can be redeemed for either cash or discounts.
Can I withdraw cashback from my credit card?
Ans. Depending on the credit card, cashback might be directly credited into your savings account or credited to your credit card account to reduce your credit card bill.
What is the cashback on credit cards pros and cons?
Ans. The pros of cashback on credit cards are that Cashbacks don’t get devalued by credit card companies. In addition, sign-up bonuses are there on every card. The cons of cashback on credit cards are that Interest payments for credit card balances could hamper cashback earnings. Annual Percentage Rate increases with default on credit cards.