Even if you have never worked in an Oilfield a day in your life you could still make the safe assumption that is a dangerous place to work. There’s heavy equipment, tons of commercial vehicles driving around, and you also run the risk of explosions and fires.
These workers put their lives on the line everyday so they can help pay bills and feed their families. They deserve the right to compensation if injured on the job by someone else’s negligence.
Oilfield companies and insurance companies want to get away with paying you as little as they can for your work injury claim. They might low ball you and hope you take their offer so they can move on. This is the reason why picking the best West Texas oilfield accident lawyer could benefit you in many ways.
There are economic damages taken on by those hurt in an oilfield work accident, these can include:
- Hospital bills
- Medication costs
- Physical Therapy
- Paid help – such as landscaping or dog walkers because you are not able to perform these tasks
- Lost wages because you are unable to work
- Even long term affects such as lost earning capacity because your injury is long term
With that said there are also non-monetary damages that could come into play. These could be one or all of the following:
- Physical, Mental, and emotional pain and suffering
- Lessened quality of life
- Loss of consortium
- Anxiety and or stress
Negligence is usually the main culprit in an oilfield work injury case. Some forms of negligence on the part of oil companies and other parties involved may be:
- Failure to implement or enforce safety regulations
- Failure to repair or replace damaged or faulty equipment
- Failure to record violations / lack of good record-keeping
- Failure to properly train employees
- Improper storage of hazardous chemicals
- Failure to supply safety equipment like goggles, helmets, etc.
- Shoddy construction, leading to accidents
These negligent actions could also not only lead to injury but possibly even death. If that is the case, then an oilfield accident attorney can help you with a wrongful death case. In these wrongful death cases you could receive compensation for damages including:
- Loss of earning capacity
- Mental and/ or emotional trauma
- Loss of companionship
- Lost inheritance
Oilfield accident attorneys know what their clients deserve, and they know how to approach these oilfield companies and their insurance companies. With so many various contractors and companies present on an oilfield it is important to know how to take action in order to get the compensation you and your family deserve. One of the main jobs of an Oilfield accident attorney is to determine who is at fault for work injuries or death. This can be a daunting task, as there are many possible people at fault as mentioned before.
These could be the oil or refinery companies themselves, transportation drivers or operators, the landowners and also equipment manufacturers. This is why picking the right oilfield accident attorney is crucial, one who is able to investigate and get the facts. If you pick an accident attorney that is not willing to get their hands dirty than you might not get the compensation you deserve.
Not only does an oilfield accident attorney have to figure out who is at fault, but also what type of injury was obtained so they can ensure you get the most from the insurance company. Some of the types of oilfield accident injuries an attorney can help you with are:
- Vehicle accidents – as mentioned before there are many commercial vehicles roaming an oilfield
- Burns – there are tons of gases and chemicals that are flammable on an oilfield
- Falls – sometimes the work can’t be done from the ground, this will increase the risks of falling
- Equipment – There are many moving parts that can inure someone if not used correctly
This is just a few examples of how someone could be injured on an oilfield, there are plenty more injuries one an sustain while working in this dangerous environment. If you have experienced any type of injury on an oilfield that was not at the fault of your own self then contacting an oilfield injury attorney could benefit you in so many ways.
Unfortunately, oilfield accidents are disturbingly common and most times are very serious injuries. Oilfield workers should know they have an option if hurt on the job by someone else’s negligence including their own company.
It has to be stressful working day in and day out in that environment knowing you could be injured at any time. And the oil companies and insurance companies know this all to well, that is why they are prepared to fight in order to pay you as little as possible. Oilfield injury attorneys know this and that is why picking the right one could help you get the compensation you are entitled to.